#1 mscaballito

mscaballito

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Interests:Barrels

Posted 02 January 2007 - 06:42 PM

Hi...

I need everyone's help in finding places that hold Barrel Races in the state of NY.  I have agreed to help get IBRA up and going in the state.  

I'll need place, contacts, phone numbers, and any information you can give me.  I would like to contact them to see if they would sanction them IBRA.

Please help!
Thanks!  [Jump]

#2 echick1014

echick1014

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 07:00 PM

Not sure where at in NY you are wanting to get the shows started... However,  Everwind Farms is in Erie, PA and is very very close to NY

www.everwind.com they have indoor and outdoor arenas they are both very nice...

#3 chasin3cans03

chasin3cans03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,180 posts
  • Interests:Barrel racing, polebending, western pleasure, showmanship, surfing, soccer

Posted 02 January 2007 - 07:02 PM

Campbell NY has them every Sat I believe?

#4 *XxX* Turn N Burn *XxX*

*XxX* Turn N Burn *XxX*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 07:23 PM

I dont know about NY, but I go to everwinds all the time. They hold nice shows and its close to NY like echick1014 said

#5 mscaballito

mscaballito

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Interests:Barrels

Posted 02 January 2007 - 11:38 PM

I'm specific looking for something in NY.  If you have any more info on the show in Campbell that would be great place to start.

I do know about Everwind and maybe in the future we can see about co-approving those with NY members.

Thanks    [Roll Eyes]

#6 pocomustang

pocomustang

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:horses

Posted 03 January 2007 - 10:52 AM

hey, there is barrel racing this weekend in Campbell, NY. Next weekend there is a show at Swearingen's Arena in Horseheads, NY. Both have winter series. Are you looking for something just in winter (ie-indoor arena?) or all year long?

#7 ShootingStarFlame

ShootingStarFlame

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:barrels, penning

Posted 03 January 2007 - 01:45 PM

I am a director with the Attica Rodeo & Show Assoc, Attica NY

Our season starts in May.  Maybe we can work something out for you.  We have barrel racing every Thursday night May thru August.  We can even do a weekend run.

I have a Directors meeting Tuesday and we will be posting our events very soon on our website and advertising

There are a couple other arenas in the area you may be able talk with...Stagecoach West in Irving and Clarkson

Sandy B    [Smiley Wavey]

#8 Barrelspnr07

Barrelspnr07

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:barrel racing and travel

Posted 04 January 2007 - 11:11 AM

We have our NBHA Runs at Clarkson it's a nice arena. I've been waiting for IBRA to come up this way. Attica is a great pen also. I will definately join if the runs move a little closer for us.

#9 redrodeo72

redrodeo72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Interests:barrelracing

Posted 04 January 2007 - 12:18 PM

Don't mean to hijack the post, but could I get some info on the Attica Rodeo's and barrelraces every thursday night? You can PM me if you like.

Also, there is place in Elmira, NY that has an indoor arena that is very nice. They are holding shows there this winter. You can contact Dan, Wendy or Matt Swearingen at 607-796-9389 or 607-562-8250.